Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The baptism on Saturday was perfect. - 08/04/14

4 de Agosto 2014

Hey guys! How are you all doing? 

Just to let you guys know, it's probably going to be a short email today. Because pretty soon we have to leave to travel to Piura because my companion is going to be traveling to Lima tonight to do some stuff for his visa. So I will be with a different elder. Not sure who though!
 
At the church after District Meeting


But, this last week was great. For real. It was one of the best weeks here in La Union. Want to know why? BECAUSE WE HAD A BAPTISM ON SATURDAY! But for real. Weeks like these make all of the difficult ones worth it.

But anyway....

This last week hermana E N was baptized! And it was super sweet! She is an investigator that we found while I was with Elder I. So we have been teaching her for the last 3 months. She is super sweet though! Her daughter is a member, but she really didn't have any interest in learning about the church before. But one day we decided to pass by because her daughter had told us that she wasn't a member. And she reluctantly let us in and we were able to teach her lesson 1. And since then, it has been sweet! Like a dream really! Because she always reads, and prays and keeps all of her commitments. Which is super rare here. Usually you have to kick the people to remind them to keep their commitments! 

Honestly it is super cool to see how far she has come! But for real! She went from being an investigator that really wasn't that interested in what we had to say, to be an investigator that looked forward to every single visit to be able to learn more! She was so ready for her baptism. She was super excited as well! Friday she had her baptismal interview with the zone leaders. Which supposedly went super well. Afterwards, Elder G, who did the interview, came up to me and said. She is a super great investigator. That is a real convert. But for real. I really feel so blessed to have been able to teach her and help her prepare for her baptism with the help of the ward.

Friday night, she sent us a message saying that she wanted me to baptize her. That was kind of cool. Not gonna lie. It had been since last October since I had used my white pants. And it was so sweet being able to use them again!


The baptism on Saturday was perfect. There actually turned out being like 35 members there to support her. That's a ton of members! And it was super cool to see them all there. It is horrible when you show up to a baptism and there are only like 3 or 4 members present. But Saturday was sweet. The baptism went great. And afterward she was able to bear her testimony which was super cool! I love seeing how happy that the gospel makes people in their lives! It is the best! 

I'm so grateful to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I have no doubt that this church really is Christ's church. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have as a missionary to help others come unto Him! 

I love you all! Have an amazing week! Sorry for the short letter. Next week it will be longer. I promise!

Elder Baker

P.S.
There is much to be learned about commitment here in Peru. I can't tell you how many meetings we have had here, with members of the church, and we end up waiting at the church for an hour and no one shows up. I've learned a lot about patience. All you can really do is love them. And pray for them.

Lauren, Not gonna lie. Every time you send me pictures of the temple it makes me want to cry. I would be willing to do almost anything just to be able to go to the temple. It has almost been an entire year since my last temple session. Don't take it for granted. It really is such a blessing! Keep working hard! Love you tons! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment