Monday, February 16, 2015

Birthday Eggings and Talent shows! - 2/16/15

16 de Febrero, 2015!

Well I'm no longer a teenager! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! This birthday was super sweet! And it's still not over! I'm pretty happy that it was P-day. Because I got to spend it at the beach! 



Nice little birthday at the beach... :)

Here in Peru it's tradition to break eggs on peoples' heads when it's their birthday and pour flour all over them. So today at the beach, the zone brought eggs and got me. It's not so much fun when it's your birthday, but when it's other peoples' birthdays it's super fun to get em. The beach is like 30 minutes from Tumbes and by the time we had gotten back to Tumbes my hair had turned into dough from all the eggs, water and flour. jaja. But it was super fun! 



This last week was super great! I don't have much time to write about it but I'll try to include the exciting parts. 

This last week we had a ward talent show! It was on Friday night and we 4 missionaries in the ward and our ward mission leader planned it all. And it was a huge success! Tons of members and nonmembers came! We were kind of worried that everyone was going to be super shy and not want to share anything. But the members came super prepared with tons of talents to share! It ended up lasting a good 2 hours! And everyone left super happy! 


Another great thing about this last week is that we have an investigator that is progressing! It is Junior C. I told you guys a little bit about him last week. He is JC's son. And he is super sweet! We taught him about the Book of Mormon. And in 4 days he had read up until 1 Nephi 10! I'm super excited about teaching him! He came and sang in the talent show. And the young single adults in the ward had a party and he went to it and enjoyed it a lot and got to know more members of the church here in this ward!

Another cool part about this last week was that we had exchanges with Elder C and Elder R in the zone. Elder C came to my area with my companion and I went with Elder R to his area! It was super fun spending a day with my son, as they say here in the mission. He has changed so much since the last time that I saw him! He has learned a ton! It was super fun talking about all of our times in Paita. I miss Paita tons! I will never forget my time in that Branch!
 
Exchanges with Elder R. This was exactly one year since he got to the
mission and we traveled to Paita together.
I really don't have much time to write this week. But I love you guys a ton! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'll write to you next week! 

Elder Baker


P.S. - That's crazy that the weather is so hot. That's not right! I hope there is moisture coming. Or else this summer is going to be a super hot one! It's going to be like Piura! jaja. 

No comments:

Post a Comment