Monday, December 29, 2014

Paneton is fruitcake. Fruitcake here is a big deal. Every Christmas they eat a ton of Paneton. - 12/22/14

Merry Christmas! - 22 de Diciembre 2014

Holy Moly! Can you guys believe we are here already? Because I sure can't! I'm super excited for this week that is coming. Wanna know why? Because it's Christmas! I love Christmas! I'm so excited to talk with you guys on Christmas! The plan for now is for me to skype from my pensionista's house. It's going to be so great!

This last week went by sooooo dang fast! Monday night, we went over to tell goodbye to C C who is going on his mission! He left on Tuesday morning to the CCM in Lima. I'm so grateful to have been able to get to know him. He has helped us out so much in my time here in Sullana. He is going to be missed in this ward, that's for sure. But he is going to be an amazing missionary!

One of the highlights of this last week was on Wednesday! Because we had our multi-zone Christmas conference in Piura! It was a little bit different than last year but it was good. It was our zone and the zone from Talara together for the conference. We started off by watching the video by Piano Guys of Angels We Have Heard on High. That video is super, super, super, super, super, super sweet! I could feel the spirit so strongly watching that! I love Christmas time! Especially Christmas music. This year the church is using the "He is the Gift" thing all over the world to help with missionary work. In Spanish, it's El es la Dadiva. It's pretty cool. President talked a lot to us about how Christ is the real gift this Christmas. And then he asked us what we are willing to give to Him this Christmas. That made me think a lot. What am I willing to give to the Savior this Christmas season... I like deep thinking questions! After that we had the party part. We went and ate Pollo a la Brasa and Inca Kola, which I absolutely love. I'm gonna miss it lots after the mission. And then we played some games and took some pictures. Three of President Rowley's daughters were there and one of his little grandbabies. They seemed a little lost though because I don't think they know any Spanish at all. jaja It was cool though! I loved the conference! Also that day I hit 17 months in the mission. That's CRAZY!


Our zone with President and Hermana Rowley

Thursday was a pretty good day! We had a visita de trabajo. I got to work with Elder G in my area and Elder C went with Elder P. At lunchtime, my pensionista and her husband gave me a hat from Catacaos. It's a super cool hat. Actually it's more of a sombrero than a hat... I'll try to send pictures!

The funny part of that day was that night at 8 in the chapel when we had a choir practice because ward conference is coming up and they asked us to participate in the choir. Peruvian choirs are great! Some people sing well and others not so much. But they all sing really loud. Without any shame at all! I miss the Tabernacle Choir...jaja.

Friday was the ward Christmas party in the church. That was pretty cool. There were actually tons of people that showed up! And 3 of our investigators went! So that was sweet! The party was actually super funny because they hired this Christmas show to come where they had elves and Santa Claus and reindeer and tons of other dancing things. It was actually super funny. And they had pollo a la brasa and Paneton afterward! Each one costs like 7 dollars. And they eat tons of them! Last year I didn't think much of it. But this year it's kind of grown on me. I actually like it a lot!

T L is progressing a ton for his baptism on January 3rd! He's super excited! We had like 3 appointments with him this last week and he came to church yesterday and stayed for all 3 hours! He just needs a few more lessons, and he will be ready! Keep praying for him and for all the rest of the people we are teaching!

I'm super excited for this week. This Christmas is going to be one that I remember for the rest of my life. I'm so grateful to be a missionary at this time of my life. I'm so excited for the chance that I have to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ! This Christmas season I have been thinking a lot of all the many blessings I have in my life. I am so thankful for everything I have in my life! I'm especially grateful for my Savior and Redeemer. I'm so grateful for this Christmas season and the opportunity we have to celebrate His birth.

Love you all tons! Have a very Merry Christmas! I hope it's white! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

Elder Baker


Feliz Navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment