Monday, December 29, 2014

What better way to start off the new year than being baptized! - 12/29/14

Happy New Year! - 29 de Diciembre 2014

I hope you all had a great Christmas! I sure had a great one here in Peru! It was great talking to you guys! It was the best present I could have asked for. The chocolate you sent me is very appreciated, but I would choose the phone call any day over the chocolate!

This last week went by super fast. And my mind is super blank. So I'll just fill you guys in on a few things I remember!

Well anyways, Tuesday we had our district meeting. It was pretty sweet. We celebrated Christmas. We ate Paneton, and we watched a little movie-- Nora's Christmas! No joke! There was a VHS in the chapel with that movie on it. So we decided to watch it and then talk about what Christmas really means to us! It was super great. A super memorable Christmas district meeting! 



Another great highlight this last week was Christmas Eve! Christmas in Peru is pretty different because all the celebration is on the 24th and not the 25th. So anyway, on the 24th our whole zone went caroling in the park in El Centro. That was super fun! I love Christmas music! And we were able to get lots of references of people to visit! So it was a super great activity! And then at 8 pm we headed over to a member's house to eat our Christmas dinner. Normally they eat at midnight Christmas Eve, but since we couldn't be out that late, we ate early! TURKEY! That was super cool. It had been a while since I had eaten turkey. It was pretty fun though. But the coolest part of dinner was that the member that invited us over, also invited her cousin and this cousin has a pet monkey! So we got to eat dinner with a monkey! And afterwards we played with the monkey for a bit. It's the cutest thing ever! jaja. It gave me a kiss! Pretty cool, no??? I was pretty happy! Highlight of Christmas Eve for me. And then at midnight from our room we could hear all the firecrackers and fireworks. It's like they were celebrating the New Year. Except for that it was Christmas! And I'm sure this week for the New Year there are going to be even more fireworks! It should be pretty fun!



Our turkey for dinner

As for how the missionary work goes! We have a baptism scheduled for this Saturday!!!!!!! I'm so excited! T L is going to be getting baptized if everything works out! He has come to church every week for over a month, he has almost all the lessons, and he is super excited for January 3rd! He says he wants 2015 to be special. What better way to start off the new year than being baptized! Pray for him lots so that everything works out!

And more great news is that another investigator that I talked about a while ago, R R is going to be getting baptized on the 10th of January! He has been coming to church a lot lately and yesterday he told us that the 10th is when he wants to be baptized! We are going to be meeting with him almost every single day before his baptism so that he will be ready, but I'm sure he will! The Bishop is super happy as well because R is his nephew. And he says he has been praying for R for years so that he will be baptized! R is 17 years old and is a super sweet kid!

I can hardly believe that 2014 has come and gone. It has been probably the fastest year of my life. It seems like just yesterday that I was in Paita with Elder G on the roof of our 6 story apartment building watching all the fireworks in Paita. How the time has flown! I am loving the mission though! I love being here! The mission really is the best decision of my life!

Love you guys tons! Sorry the letter is kind of short! But there are 6 pictures this week! The Church is true! No Doubts! Talk to you all next year!

Elder Baker

P.S.

So you got a foot of snow… I would love a foot of snow right now... I've just got a gallon of sweat... 

No comments:

Post a Comment