Thursday, May 21, 2015

...being able to baptize an investigator that you have been teaching for a while is one of the best moments as a missionary! - 5/18/15

18 de Mayo 2015

Hey guys! This last week has gone by so fast! It's almost hard to believe! It's been a great week though! Tons has happened! As you all know, this last week was the last week for Elder M. He is in Piura right now, and then tomorrow he will be traveling back to Chile. I'm super grateful for the opportunity that I had to be his companion! He really taught me a ton! We had to spend a lot of time getting things taken care of so that he was ready to go home. He actually had to go to Piura on Saturday morning because he had his last interview with President that afternoon and after that he was taking an English exam. So that was what's happening with him. After he left I stayed with Elder A and Elder M spending time in both of our areas getting things taken care of--Until today, when my new companion got here!

So since Elder M left, that means that I have a new companion now! I'm super excited about my new companion! It's Elder V! He is a super sweet missionary from Lima. I have known him since he started his mission while I was in Paita! I'm super excited to work with him! He has 18 months in the mission and is a great missionary! It is his first time being a zone leader. So I'm going to help him get used to that, but I'm sure it's going to be a great last transfer! I honestly couldn't ask for a better companion to finish the mission with! I'm super excited for this next transfer! My whole mission it has felt like there is still lots of time left. But today it really hit me how little time I have left! I know that it is going to fly by. So I have to make the most of it!

Probably the best part of this last week was JC!!!! :) JC is sweet! Elder M and I taught him the last 3 lessons that he needed this week for his baptism! He is super intelligent though and understands almost everything! And then on Saturday he had his baptism interview with our district leader! And he passed! So that means that we could go through with his baptism for Sunday afternoon which went super well! He wanted to be baptized before his birthday, which is today. So we had to do it yesterday! He wanted me to baptize him. So that means that I got to put on white clothes and baptize him! So that was super cool! Honestly, being able to baptize an investigator that you have been teaching for a while is one of the best moments as a missionary! There were tons of missionaries and members there to support him! So we are super happy about that!


The rest of the week went by in a blur though! I am really enjoying it though! It was kind of sad for Elder M when he had to go around and say goodbye to the people that we have been teaching. I know that that day is going to be super hard for me. Being here in Peru for these 22 months now hasn't been the easiest thing ever. But it really has been one of the best experiences of my life! I really have learned to love these people. And I have also learned to love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Someone yesterday in church asked me how long I had been in the mission. And when I told them, they asked me what it was that I had learned most in the mission. And to tell you the truth, I honestly had no clue what to respond. I have honestly learned so much. I couldn't name something that I have learned most! I have really been changed! Which is a good thing!

I really am super grateful to be a missionary! I love being able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ! Thanks for always giving me your love and support! Because I wouldn't be able to do it without you!

Elder Phillip Baker

P.S.

I'm glad that it's raining in Utah! It's been raining a little here too. The only problem is that when it rains here, it causes problems. And yes, I'm still going strong health wise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment